Powerhouse Parramatta Community Reference Group
Powerhouse Parramatta will be the first NSW State Cultural Institution to call Western Sydney home. Featuring over 18,000 square metres of museum exhibition and public spaces, Powerhouse Parramatta will deliver dynamic exhibition, education and community programs that will attract over 2 million visitors in its first year.
Expression of Interest have closed
The Powerhouse has established a Community Reference Group to work with us during the design and planning of Powerhouse Parramatta. The Community Reference Group represents a diverse range of local community organisations, the business community, schools, youth, cultural organisations, and/or neighbouring residents who have an interest in the project. Members were selected following an expression of interest process in 2020 and there is currently an opportunity for additional members to join the group.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Powerhouse Parramatta Community Reference Group, applicants are asked to provide a submission of up to 500 words that includes:
– Your interest in Powerhouse Parramatta
– Your connection to community or local organisations
– Any other representative groups you are part of and any relevant interests or associations you wish to declare (including links to Create NSW< Powerhouse or Infrastructure NSW).
Our Community Reference Group includes the following representatives:
– Julie Clarke Jones, Independent Traditional Owner
– Kellie Darley, ParraParents
– Kris De Leon, PWC
– Viktoria Darabi, Gastronomia
– Malaemie Fruean, Chair, NSW Council for Pacific Communities
– Marcella Kelshaw, Cultural Venues and Programs Professional
– Michelle Locke, Dharug Strategic Management Group
– Warrick McLean, CEO, Coleman Greig Lawyers
– Liliana Maria Occhiuto, I.C.E Representative
– Sonia Sadiq Gandhi, Gandhi Creations
– Rogan Sharpe, Local Resident
– Thelma Thomas (MC Trey), Tapastry Creative
The Community Reference Group is just one of the ways we will be engaging and consulting with the community during this process. There will be a range of other opportunities to provide feedback as the planning for Powerhouse Parramatta progresses, including community information sessions. We will update our website with information about these opportunities.
For information on the project, please visit:
Phone: 1800 743 436 (during business hours)
Powerhouse Community Space at Parramatta Square
Find out more about Powerhouse Parramatta, engage with the Museum’s STEM learning activities as well as learn about its iconic collection at the new Powerhouse Community Space at Parramatta Square.
Including a virtual reality (VR) glimpse into what the new Museum will look like, the space will welcome the community in to learn about how Western Sydney’s first Cultural Institution will transform arts and culture in the region.