The Museums Discovery Centre (MDC) is operated by the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (the Museum), which is an executive agency of the NSW Government. The safety, security and enjoyment of our visitors and staff are of paramount importance to us. Please help us to create a safe environment and protect our collection by complying with these Conditions of Entry.
It is a requirement that you:
- conduct yourself responsibly and be respectful to others
- comply with any reasonable request by Museum staff and volunteers
- wear appropriate footwear at all times
- deposit with the cloakroom all
- briefcases, bags, backpacks, parcels or other containers larger than 35cm x 35cm x 15cm
- backpacks, tripods, aerosol containers, rolled prints/posters, umbrellas, balloons
- other items which, at the discretion of a Museum staff member, are considered capable of being used to cause damage to or conceal a collection object.
It is a requirement that you do not:
- smoke anywhere indoors or outdoors
- bring animals onto the premises, except for service animals
- interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on the premises
- touch or interfere with any collection objects or displays without permission
- use flash photography without prior permission
- use photographic or recording equipment in areas where it is restricted
- eat or drink in any of the display areas.
The Museum reserves the right to:
- exclude or remove members of the public or any other person from the premises
- inspect any bag, luggage or object upon entry to and before leaving the premises
- use security closed-circuit television cameras throughout the premises.
You indemnify the Museum in respect of all claims made in connection with your attendance at these premises, except where such claim arises as a result of a negligent or willful act, omission or otherwise, or an act or omission that is intended to cause damage or loss, by the Museum. To the full extent permitted by law, you release and discharge the Museum from all claims and demands and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused to the Museum or its employees, servants, contractors, agents or otherwise, arising from your attendance at these premises. Thank you.
- COVID-19 considerations
All visitors must:
- Comply with current NSW Government public health orders
- Check-in via the Service NSW App
- Be fully vaccinated if aged 16 years or over (unless medically exempt)
- Provide proof of vaccination or medical exemption upon entry, such as a:
- COVID-19 digital certificate (Medicare or Service NSW apps)
- Printed version of the digital certificate or immunisation history statement (including contraindication)
- Service NSW QR check-in that includes vaccination
- Be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult if under 16 years
- Wear a properly fitted face mask in all indoor areas. Children 12 years and under are exempt but encouraged to wear masks where practicable
- Delay their visit if:
- unwell or displaying any cold or flu symptoms
- subject to a NSW Government stay at home order or travel restriction
- Observe COVID-19 information signage and staff advice in relation to queuing, movement through the building or grounds, capacity limits and entry and exit points in order to ensure physical distancing from others
- Maintain a 1.5m distance from others
- Practice safe hygiene, including washing their hands regularly with soap and water.
Visitors who don’t comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all.
If you have any concerns regarding these conditions of entry, please talk to our visitor service staff.
You can also provide feedback via email email@example.com.