Due to scheduled maintenance, on Friday 16 April there will be no steam operations taking place in the exhibition.
For more than 200 years, steam did almost everything in our society. It pumped water, drove factories, powered ships across oceans and ploughs through fields. Steam turbines still provide 90 per cent of our electricity. The Steam Revolution exhibition shows how steam touched the lives of millions.
Twelve steam engines, ‘hands-on’ displays, old boilers, videos and much more show how steam engines developed, what they did and how they changed the world.
Please note that on Tuesdays no steam operations take place.
Now open, free of charge
- To visit the museum, simply arrive at the main entrance between 10am – 4.30pm and scan our QR to register for FREE entry
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Some exhibitions are not open. Find out which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at email@example.com or call 9217 0222.
Back to top of page