This is a chance to see behind the scenes within our collection storage spaces not usually open to the public and a great opportunity to learn more about the Museums Discovery Centre’s role in preserving Australia’s history. Hosts will be available to answer questions and spark discussions on how we collect, care for and store objects.
The vehicles you might see range from classic cars like the Morris Minor, Cobb & Co carriages, early bicycles to perhaps even a horse-drawn traveller’s caravan from circa 1914 that is thought to be the only example of its kind in Australia.
Storage Glimpse sessions are free and no bookings are required.
To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place in response to COVID-19 to keep everyone safe.
Now open every weekend, free of charge
- To visit, simply arrive at the entry between 10am – 3.30pm and scan our QR code to enter at the door
- Following NSW Health’s Public Health Order, face masks are now mandatory when visiting the Museums Discovery Centre. Any visitors who have visited one of the identified venues on the NSW Health list or have any cold or flu symptoms, should delay their visit. Please bring your own mask when visiting.
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Interactive activities remain suspended until restrictions ease.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at email@example.com or call 9217 0222.