All kinds of innovative technologies that changed our lives are contained in this store including telephones, cameras, sewing machines, clocks, heaters, light bulbs, radios, televisions, typewriters, record players, and plastics. You can also see printing presses, engines, machines and other amazing contraptions dating from the industrial age to the present day.
About these collections
Between them, these museums care for millions of objects and specimens, providing insights into engineering, architecture, science, art, transport, fashion, design, health, technology, natural history, domestic life, Indigenous and Pacific cultures and more.
Many of the items you’ll see on display have never been exhibited before, and there are many more treasures to be seen by taking a booked tour through the deep stores where the museum staff work day to day.
Now open every weekend, free of charge
- To visit, simply arrive at the entry between 10am – 3.30pm and scan our QR code to enter at the door
- Following NSW Health’s Public Health Order, face masks are now mandatory when visiting the Museums Discovery Centre. Any visitors who have visited one of the identified venues on the NSW Health list or have any cold or flu symptoms, should delay their visit. Please bring your own mask when visiting.
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Interactive activities remain suspended until restrictions ease.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9217 0222.