The Powerhouse collection holds many objects that instill a sense of wonder. Made using a vast range of materials and techniques, they stimulate our imagination and shed light on how we perceive ourselves and the world.
Comprising playful arrangements of old and new, Fantastical Worlds reveals the creative brilliance behind contemporary and historical designs and highlights new acquisitions from four artists and designers: Timothy Horn, Alexander McQueen, Kate Rohde and Timorous Beasties. Inspired by elaborate European art styles from the past such as Baroque, Rococo and Empire, they imaginatively transform historical ideas and patterns into striking contemporary creations.
Now open, free of charge
- Following NSW Health’s Public Health Order, face masks are now mandatory when visiting Powerhouse Museum. Any visitors who have visited one of the identified venues on the NSW Health list or have any cold or flu symptoms, should delay their visit.
- To visit the museum, simply arrive at the main entrance between 10am – 4.30pm and scan our QR to register for FREE entry
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Some exhibitions are not open. Find out which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at email@example.com or call 9217 0222.
Back to top of page