Over 4000 collection objects are on display each weekend at the Museums Discovery Centre, from across the transport, technology and social history collections. Each object has a unique backstory and offers insight into our past and present.
Discovery Walkthroughs are 30-minute guided tours. They occur every Saturday and Sunday at 10am, 11:30am, 1pm and 2:30pm.
The theme for June 2021 is What’s that Sound? Be taken on a tour of the sounds surrounding us. Some sounds provide help, such as alarms and sirens. Others we choose to hear because they enrich our lives ― such as the noises made by gaming consoles, clocks, and of course, musical instruments. On this tour we will explore lots of types of sounds.
Discovery Walkthroughs are free and you can register your interest when you arrive on the day subject to availability. If you would prefer to book you can do so here.
To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place in response to COVID-19 to keep everyone safe.
Now open every weekend, free of charge
- To visit, simply arrive at the entry between 10am – 3.30pm and scan our QR code to enter at the door
- Following NSW Health’s Public Health Order, face masks are now mandatory when visiting the Museums Discovery Centre. Any visitors who have visited one of the identified venues on the NSW Health list or have any cold or flu symptoms, should delay their visit. Please bring your own mask when visiting.
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Interactive activities remain suspended until restrictions ease.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9217 0222.