The Powerhouse makes information available to the public in four ways as required under the Government Information Public Access Act 2009 (‘the GIPA Act’).
- Open access information
- Proactive release of information
- Release of information following an informal request
- A formal application process for information that is not publicly available
Open access information available to the public includes:
- Agency Information Guide
- Information about the Powerhouse is contained in any document tabled in Parliament by or on behalf of the Powerhouse. Tabled documents will be published when available.
- Policy documents
- Disclosure log of access applications
- Register of government contracts
- Record of open access information that is not publicly available on the basis of an overriding public interest against disclosure. A record of open access information will be published when this becomes available.
Proactive release of information
The Powerhouse releases information proactively on the website and through other social media platforms.
Informal requests for information
If the information you are seeking has not been published on this website and has not been released in any other way by the Powerhouse, you may be able to access the information without the need to make a formal access application. Contact the Head of Governance, Planning and Reporting to check whether the information you are seeking may be made available to you.
Formal access application
Information is released by the Powerhouse without the need for a formal access application in most instances, however in certain cases, a formal access application is required. An access application is required in circumstances where there is a large volume of information being sought and significant time is required on the part of the Powerhouse to consider your request.
Access applications should be addressed to: Head of Governance Planning and Reporting, Powerhouse, 500 Harris Street Ultimo, Sydney.
Access applications under the GIPA Act must:
- Be in writing
- Clearly state that they are made under the Government Information Public Access Act 2009 (GIPA Act)
- Attach a fee of $30.00
- Have a return postal address
- Include as much information as necessary for the Powerhouse to identify the information you are requesting. You may also wish to include an email address and telephone number to assist us in contacting you.
If your application satisfies these requirements, the Powerhouse will write to you within five (5) working days to acknowledge your valid application and will deal with your request within twenty (20) working days (subject to any extension available under the GIPA Act). If an extension is required to deal with your application, you will be contacted by the Powerhouse directly.